Industry Job Opportunity
Samsung semiconductor, inc.
Position Type: Full-time
Location: San Jose, CA
Job ID: 40264
Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI) is advancing the world’s technology. As a leader in Memory, System, LSI and LCD technologies, our US teams contribute to breakthroughs in 5G, SOC, memory and display. With our global perspective and diversity of thought, we proudly serve our customers around the world. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to learning and growth and excel when collaborating within and across teams.
SSI is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley and is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - the #1 employer in the world (Forbes, Oct 2020) and top patent-holder in the U.S. Want to advance the world’s technology with us?
The Memory Solutions Lab (MSL) mission is to develop innovative open system architectures and solutions that transform the performance of semiconductor memory in SSDs, mobile devices and data centers.
Overwiew & Impact
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Memory, System LSI and LCD technologies. We are currently looking for software talent to join our team in San Jose, CA.
The Memory Solutions Labs (MSL) is part of Samsung’s Memory Business Unit, the industry's technology and volume leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SRAM memory. MSL’s vision is to solve key problems & optimize architecture solutions for Cloud & Data center environments. We are an integral part of Samsung’s strong R&D focus & lab innovation engine. We work closely with development teams to bring feature innovation to product roadmaps.
Specifically, we have opening for Software Development requiring expertise in Embedded Systems software with experience in x86 server hardware and SPDK software programming environment. The candidate should also have good background in Clustered File Systems, Object Storage, Databases, Networking and system performance.
- Design & implement new features for innovative storage systems products targeted to Enterprise and Hyperscale & Cloud environments.
- Design, implement and validate state-of-the art solutions that meet or exceed current and future products.
- Deliver software designs and code following prevalent SW development methodologies like Agile, Scrum etc.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- A PhD/Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Physics and Mathematics or related field.
- Strong software engineering skills with efficient, maintainable and testable C/C++/Python is required.
- 5+ years of experience storage system and/or database software design & development, debug.
- Experience with File Systems, Object Storage or similar technologies.
- Good understanding of x86, TCP/IP, NVMe-oF, RDMA/RoCE, and Networking.
- Good working knowledge of the Linux Operating System and File Systems.
- Prior knowledge/experience in Xen/KVM/ESX/Hyper-V hypervisor and virtualization software architecture, development and debug is a plus.
- Good understanding Dockers, Containers and associated technologies.
- Exposure to storage hardware and systems (SSDs, HDDs, NAS and SAN systems).
- Good working knowledge or experience in any one or more of Key Value Storage, NoSQL, Columnar, and Spark/Hadoop Databases is a plus.
Additionally, we look for the following universal qualities in all candidates:
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly develop proof of concept prototypes based on requirements
- Good understanding of Xeon Server System architecture, PCIe, NUMA, and SMP/Multi-Threaded programming in User Space, Kernel storage applications and I/O drivers
- Demonstrated attention to deliver SW project deliverables on schedule.
- Ability to meet aggressive project deadlines in a team environment Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams, including coordinating across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity
Successful applicants must comply with company COVID-19 policies, which are subject to change in response to public health, regulatory and business circumstances Current policies are subject only to emergency or legally-required exceptions and include: mandatory reporting of vaccination status; vaccination requirement for office access, external meetings and business travel; mask usage in office; and daily screening procedures at offices
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- one of the largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays. SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is SSI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, and hiring decisions are made accordingly.
How to Apply
Apply for this job using the link on the job's page.