Industry Job Opportunity
Samsung semiconductor, inc.
Position Type: Full-time
Location: San Jose, CA
Job ID: 40268
Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI) is advancing the world’s technology. As a leader in Memory, System, LSI and LCD technologies, our US teams contribute to breakthroughs in 5G, SOC, memory and display. With our global perspective and diversity of thought, we proudly serve our customers around the world. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to learning and growth and excel when collaborating within and across teams.
SSI is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley and is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - the #1 employer in the world (Forbes, Oct 2020) and top patent-holder in the U.S. Want to advance the world’s technology with us?
The Memory Solutions Lab (MSL) mission is to develop innovative open system architectures and solutions that transform the performance of semiconductor memory in SSDs, mobile devices and data centers.
Overwirw & Impact
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Memory, System LSI and LCD technologies. As a member of Samsung’s Memory Solutions Lab (MSL), you will be part of an Advanced Research and Development team developing the next generation of enterprise memory and storage technologies. The team innovates, solves key technical problems in areas and products related to Samsung’s NAND flash, DRAM and other memory technologies, and tackles a variety of challenging issues in data center, server, and software infrastructure.
The ideal candidate for this role would share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies, and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, results-driven environment. We are looking for highly talented, passionate, and versatile engineers who can share our vision and contribute to the creation of next generation enterprise memory and storage solutions.
The Sr. Deep Learning Research Engineer will join a team of experts in researching and developing innovative solutions that utilize existing and emerging technologies to add substantial value to Samsung. The team covers a broad spectrum of topics and is building an ecosystem surrounding efficient utilization of next-generation Samsung SSDs and NVRAM. You will be working with the-state-of-art technologies in the context of vertical integration and optimization across H/W and S/W. The candidate must be able to thrive in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment and lead independent research in the focus area.
- Conduct key research and development activities to design, develop and evaluate emerging machine learning models in emerging systems.
- Create key IPs, implement prototypes, write or publish papers, and do standardization.
- Work with other hardware/software architects to invent new and refine existing algorithms for future products, and contribute to feasibility studies.
- Collaborate with universities and international teams.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- PhD or MS with 5+ years of relevant experience in Computer Science or related field with a focus on Artificial Intelligence or a related discipline.
- Strong machine learning and deep learning fundamentals and technical depth.
- Prior first author publications in Machine Learning Systems, AI or related technical fields.
- Hands-on experience and skill in optimizing deep learning workloads on different hardware backends.
- Proficiency in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2 or Keras.
- Must be highly responsible, self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additionally, we look for the following universal qualities in all candidates:
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Familiarity with SOTA in areas such as Recommendation Systems, NLP, Video understanding, GAN, GNN, Reinforcement learning, Active learning, Multimodal ML, etc.
- Extensive experience in optimizing kernels for system resource constraints such as memory, network and available compute.
- Prior experience in profiling, large scale optimizations and bottleneck analysis of algorithms.
- Prior experience in creating high-performance implementations of deep learning algorithms.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- one of the largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays. SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is SSI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, and hiring decisions are made accordingly.
How to Apply