Industry Internship Opportunity
Location: San Jose,CA
JOB SUMMARY - Systems Technology Research Intern
Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI) is advancing the world’s technology. As a leader in Memory, System, LSI and LCD technologies, our US teams contribute to breakthroughs in 5G, SOC, memory and display. With our global perspective and diversity of thought, we proudly serve our customers around the world. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to learning and growth and excel when collaborating within and across teams. SSI is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley and is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - the #1 employer in the world (Forbes, Oct 2020) and top patent-holder in the U.S. Want to advance the world’s technology with us?
Memory Solutions Lab (MSL) is an Advanced Research and Development team developing the next generation of enterprise memory and storage technologies. The team innovates and solves key technical problems in areas and products related to Samsung’s NAND flash, DRAM and other memory technologies, and tackles a variety of challenging issues in data center, server, and software infrastructure.
Overview & Impact
We are currently looking for an exceptional PhD candidate with systems research experience to join our team for an Internship in San Jose, CA for the summer of 2022. He or she will join a team of experts in researching and developing innovative memory and storage system solutions that utilize existing and emerging technologies to add substantial value to storage systems. The ideal candidate must have proven research experience and publication record to showcase the same.
- Design and develop novel NAND flash SSD based solutions solving practical, real-world problems.
- Analyze performance and find root causes of inefficiencies in existing solutions.
- Work collaboratively with team members to contribute towards prototyping efforts.
- Prepare a novel presentation for our annual Intern Exhibition.
- Create new and useful IP, publish at conferences, and generate whitepapers.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, with focus on Systems.
- Prior experience developing hybrid DRAM + SSD solutions for emerging use cases such as Caching/Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Analytics.
- Track record of innovation and creativity in problem solving, with proven publication record.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Strong background in C/C++ programming.
Additionally, we look for the following universal qualities in all candidates:
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Good knowledge of Linux memory and storage subsystem.
- Prior experience in designing and developing features to improve the performance of SSDs and/or
file/storage systems designed for SSDs.
- Prior experience with profiling and performance bottleneck analysis and optimization.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to Rekha Pitchumani <email@example.com>, noting where you found this announcement.