Industry Internship Opportunity
SALESFORCE - Intern - Software Engineer, Database Internals
Project: Core Database Internals; multiple openings
Are you a database expert, or passionate about building database technologies that support relentless growth and innovation?
We are looking for interns interested in Core Database Internals. Candidate must have taken a database internals or systems programming class. The Database Engine team is responsible for architecting, developing and testing the next generation of RDBMS. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers and database experts. You will design and develop robust and highly scalable software products to support the staggering growth of Salesforce.
You will need familiarity with database internals, interest in system programming, exceptional software engineering skills, and relish the opportunity to work on very complex, highly concurrent, distributed systems. You must have a proven track record of success where you demonstrated end-to-end ownership of architecture, design, implementation, testing, and product support.
Areas where you may be working on include the database catalog, query execution, online schema evolution, and database upgrade. We work in a fast paced, highly collaborative, agile environment. We are a hybrid team that values end-to-end service ownership, from conception to architecture, design to implementation, testing to deployment to customer engagement and service.
- Design, develop and expand core database system functionality.
- Innovate to improve performance and scalability.
- Implement comprehensive functional and system-test for your area of responsibility and for overall database quality.
- Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defects.
- Actively participate in release and deployment process
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Taken one or more upper level or Advanced classes in: Database internals, Compilers, Operating Systems, High Performance computing.
- Deep interest and passion in software development and quality engineering.
- Innovative thinker, strong problem solving, good communication skills, and a results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic agile team environment.
- Strong C/C++/Java programming skills
- Experience with database catalog, upgrade, query execution.
- PostgreSQL software development experience and community involvement as a contributor would be a huge plus.
- Experience building a high-performance large-scale database platform.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Andrew Sokolnikov, Director, Software Engineering @ Salesforce