Industry Job Opportunity
Google - multiple positions
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Sunnyvale, CA; TI/GCP will be expanding its footprint in the NC research triangle office and India (either Hyderabhad or Bangalore) and we encourage applications from team members who will be regularly stationed in those areas.
Software Engineer, Hardware/Software Co-Design
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
At Google, you will find the perfect blend of software design practices and hardware development complexity. You will use your software engineering experience to help solve complex problems including hardware acceleration, performance bottlenecks, computer architecture, automation, and machine learning. Whether your strength is in software coding, with a good understanding of hardware, or you are a hardware engineer with software proficiency, this balanced role will let you shine in both disciplines at the same time. In this role, you will performs research, design, and development for the hardware, software, and networking technologies that power all of Google's products and services.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in C, C++, Linux.
- Experience with hardware design (computer architecture and/or chip design).
- Experience in compute/storage systems development, software systems development, and/or networking development.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience with distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large-scale storage systems.
- Experience in Python and good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming.
- Experience with silicon architecture and design with the ability to root cause performance bottlenecks in consumer devices.
- Experience with interfacing to industry-standard HDL simulators, such as Register Transfer Level code in Verilog.
- Experience with non-x86 microarchitectures including low level performance analysis.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
How to Apply