    iSCSI:SRP

    Folks,
    With the new statement from Lucent, we are now back to the point were we
    were previously when we agreed to make SRP Must implement.

    I propose that we go to the position we had before all this flap developed
    about patent statement, and declare SRP MUST implement (as we did before),
    and get that out of the way of our last call.

    The code is available from Stanford's web site, and the Patent issue is now
    just like others within the IETF.

    I know there are some folks that are attempting to wrap additional security
    around Chap, and that may be a good thing -- but we do not need to hold up
    Last call as folks check out other options.  Remember, it is always the
    quickly produced "fixes" at the last moment, that have a higher probability
    of having a problem.

    Again, lets make SRP Must implement, and Chap at least May implement,
    declare the proposed additional Chap security as May Implement, and move
    on.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

Last updated: Mon Apr 01 12:18:17 2002
9412 messages in chronological order