    RE: Relation between the Initiator Task Tag and the execution state

    > What is the execution state? How does it relate to the
    > Intitator Task Tag if the task is a chain of commands?
    > and how can we use the Initiator Task Tag to find the
    > execution state of the command?

    I believe that refers to SCSI execution state.  If the task
    is a chain of commands, the ITT refers to the chain.  SCSI
    requires/assumes that the task tag is usable to find the command
    so that an operation like Abort Task works.  See SAM-2 for
    further discussion of SCSI's command execution model.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754