    Re: iSCSI - structured values

    I agree with Keith on this; the new ISID format went a long
    way to solve the problem of a single initiator name being
    "represented" by multiple interface cards; I think that the
    same thing needs to be extended to target portal groups.
    Expanding the available identifier space in the ISID (and
    target portal group) to at least 3 bytes allows the convenience
    of a MAC address to be used for these identifiers.

    This also allows multiple gateways to represent the same
    initiator or target, without having to create different iSCSI
    names for each representation of the same initiator or
    target.  I think that solving this problem (which we almost
    have already) would help these solutions scale much better.

    --
    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke