    Questions about Multiple connections in a session

    Hi,
      I read the iSCSI draft 09, and I get a little bit confused about
    multiple connections within a session.

     (1) As my understanding, this means that during a session, there can be
    serveral TCP connections co-existing at the same time. Is this right?

    (2) But how do they get connected? At the initiator side, they use
    different IP addresses, and at the target side, they share the same TCP
    port and use different IP addresses? If this is right, it sounds weird
    because usually storage devices on the network only have one IP address.
    What's relationship between iSCSI TCP port and SCSI port?

    (2) What's the motivation to support multiple connection within a
    session? Just for performance and reliability?

    Any of your help will be really appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Mengqiu

Last updated: Fri Dec 07 17:17:48 2001
8014 messages in chronological order