    Re: iSCSI Target Reset

    > However I wonder it it won't be fair to tell the guy trying to do
    > reset that although everything is fine the reset was not performed -
    > and do this in a way that does not harm legacy initiators.

    Legacy initiators already have to deal with this in FC and ||SCSI.
    Target reset has an implementation specific behavior which varies in
    strength from target to target.  Doing the same thing with iSCSI
    (target reset behavior is silently implementation dependent), seems
    the right approach to me.

    No matter how vigorously we wheeze about standards compliance, target
    vendors are going to lay an iSCSI front end on their existing products
    (just like they did with FCP), and (initially) do the minimum amount
    of additional work.  Changing reset semantics is a MASSIVE
    undertaking, and for no incremental gain.  There's a really small set
    of required (by applications, I dunno about the standards) semantics
    for reset, like breaking non-persistent reservations (which never
    really worked well on ANY transport), and beyond that, you're just
    offering a tool to cover your target's ass (it's wedged?  How 'bout
    after you hit it with a reset?).

    Steph