    Re: New List: rdma@cisco.com: to discuss RDMA

    Douglas:

    I may be missing something here, but sendmsg() and recvmsg() both
    have scatter/gather arrays within the berkley sockets api.
    I am not sure that one can uses sendmsg() recvmsg() with TCP.. I
    have never tried. As far as SCTP goes, we have defined a sockets
    mapping... the draft is released but real rough.. an next version
    is in the works.... the current "rough" cut can be found at:

    http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-sctpsocket-sigtran-00.txt

    Now it may be that I am missing a key point in this discussion.. were
    you
    thinking other than the iovec structure... or were you thinking a
    modification
    that allows the pages to be stolen with no copy... the no copy becomes
    a implemenation issue.. I have done something like it in the past
    where if the application gives a 4k page in the send, the O/S underneath
    does a swap of a page from kernel space with the user space one...

    But as I say, this is real implemenation dependant :)

    --
    Randall R. Stewart
    randall@stewart.chicago.il.us or rrs@cisco.com