    RE: iSCSI: multiple connection process

    I watched this thread with curiosity.  Isn't the WG in defining a multiple
    connection process solving a specific implementation problem?

    The head-of-queue blocking problem results from placing a bunch of PDUs from
    several iSCSI requests into a single queue.  Therefore, the WG suggest
    another connection to separate commands from data to avoid deadlock.  This
    problem is easily solvable with the creation of an exchange table from which
    we can serve the data PDUs without having them waiting in a separate queue.
    The WG should not worry about if someone chooses a wrong method of delivery
    that results to head-of-queue blocking.  By wrong method, I mean using the
    TCP reads and writes to deliver/receive the PDUs.

    BTW, multiple connections for different application programs is natural and
    should be supported.  This is similar to having multiple VI's in a single
    system.  If an iSCSI implementation chooses multiple connections to solve
    the head-of-queue problem, it would be fine too.  But, should the WG tell
    everyone how to do that?

    Am I wrong?  If not, may be we should move forward.

    Y.P. Cheng, CTO, ConnectCom Solutions Corp.