    RE: iSCSI: multiple connection process

    > I have two objections to the direction you have taken:
    >
    > - you considered objections that where voiced to you and not to the
    mailing list;
    >    the community should judge if they are core or marginal; I would
    appreciate if
    >    you could summarize them

    Let me be clear that lack of consensus was clear from the list traffic
    prior to my saying that consensus was lacking.  The subsequent
    emails served to reinforce the decision, but the decision was not based
    on them.  In general, emails directly to me about process issues are
    perfectly reasonable, and I prefer to leave it to those who write such
    emails about whether to post them publicly or contact me directly.
    I did not see any new significant technical arguments/information on
    the session issue in the emails; as the mailing list is the working forum,
    new technical information/arguments do need to go on the mailing list,
    but I didn't see any in this instance.

    > - the key issues with any of the two approaches are understood - an
    evaluation
    >    committee will only broaden the "discontent"

    Given that Julian's summary has now appeared, attempting to shut down
    discussion
    at this point is clearly futile ... I hope everyone involved now has an
    appreciation for the consequences of lack of consensus ...

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500