    Re: iSCSI: Login Redirect

    If this mis-direction is going on to different portals within
    the same target node, I would think that it implies a serious
    configuration issue within the target node because it either
    does not have a global node-level view of the iSCSI service
    it offers, or the situation is changing too rapidly to be correct.

    If on the other hand, this mis-direction is forcing an
    initiator to shuttle to different target nodes, it usually implies a
    lack of a consistent SAN-level view among the target nodes
    that are supposed to be doing cooperative redirection (which
    is what the feature was meant for).

    In either case, I tend to think that the issue is one of implementation/
    configuration and placing hard limits on the # of redirections in
    the spec is neither reasonable nor enforceable.   I believe that the
    spec doesn't preclude implementations from having a limit (for ex., the
    initiator iSCSI may decide to give up the chase after X attempts and
    report a failure to its ULP).
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka