    iSCSI: Login Redirect

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: iSCSI: Login Redirect
    • From: "Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <nramas@windows.microsoft.com>
    • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:51:01 -0700
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    When a target is moved (Temporary or Permanent), target
    sends an appropriate status code and gives the new target
    address. Is there a limit on the number of times a target
    can redirect login? If not, should we have one?

        Initiator logs into Portal A.
        Target redirects to Portal B.
        Initiator logs into Portal B.
        Target now redirects to Portal C.
        And so on...

    Should we have an upper limit on the number of times a target
    can redirect the login?

    thanks!
     -lakshmi

Last updated: Tue Aug 05 12:46:12 2003