    Re: Error recovery level 2 Question

    Hi Kevin,

    In my understanding, the initiator must wait for
    a recovery R2T from the target.

    This is conveyed by the following sections of the draft :

    10.17.1
    "For iSCSI, Data-Out PDU retransmission is only done if the
    target requests retransmission with a recovery R2T."

    6.2.2 (Allegiance Reassignment)
    "In reassigning connection allegiance for a command, the targets
    SHOULD continue the command from its current state."

    "For all types of commands, a reassignment request implies that the
    task is still considered in progress by the initiator and
    the target must conclude the task appropriately if the target
    returns the "Function Complete" response to the reassignment
    request. This might possibly involve retransmission of data/R2T/
    status PDUs as necessary, but MUST involve the (re)transmission of
    the status PDU."

    From the above it seems to be implied that the target, after returning
    the 'Function Complete' response for the "task reassign" request,
    might retrasmit 'data' in case of a 'READ' (or) an 'R2T' in case of a 'WRITE'.

    6.1.4.1 (Recovery Within-command)
    "To avoid a race with the target, which may already have a recovery
    R2T or a termination response on its way, an initiator SHOULD NOT
    originate a SNACK for an R2T based on its internal timeouts (if
    any). Recovery in this case is better left to the target."

    Thanks,
    Nandakumar
    Member Technical Staff
    HCL Technologies, Chennai, INDIA.