    RE: Error recovery level 2 Question

    sorry for the delay - I was away from my desk.

    The target will have to send a recovery R2T based on what it has (part
    or all of the data)..
    An overzealous initiator may start sending data right away - but it
    should keep track of the changes in PDU size in any and the rules
    associated with it.

    Julo

    kevin_lemay@agilent.com
    05/03/03 01:14
    Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc
    ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject
    Error recovery level 2 Question

    Julian,

    Assume that I have a multi-connection session to a target when one of
    the connections fails.

    What is the completion of the following diagram (assume 8K PDUs and
    maxBurst = 64K):

    Initiator                          Target
    ----------                        ---------
    Write Cmd (64K no Immediate) --->
                                 <---  R2T Offset 0, len=64K
    Data PDU (8K DataSN 0)       --->
    Data PDU (8K DataSN 1)       --->
       --- Connection Lost ---

    On 2nd connection:
    Logout (for recovery)        --->
                                 <---  Logout Response
    Task Mgnt (Reassign)         --->
                                 <--- Task Mgnt Response - OK

    What Comes Next?

    Is a recovery R2T expected from the target?
    or does the Initiator continue to send data PDUs to the target?

    If the initiator continues to send, what is the proper place to
    continue. I may have submitted several PDUs to the stack that were never
    received before the connection loss was detected.

    The read request seems fairly straight forward, but the write case is
    not clear (at least to me...)

    Thanks for any help,

    Kevin Lemay

[...]

Last updated: Wed Mar 05 11:19:10 2003