    RE: SCSI MIB: Open Issues

    • To: "Michele Hallak - Stamler" <michele@sanrad.com>, "SCSI MIB (E-mail)" <scsi-mib@external.cisco.com>
    • Subject: RE: SCSI MIB: Open Issues
    • From: "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <Elliott@hp.com>
    • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:24:59 -0600
    • Cc: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    > Hi,
    > I compiled and made all the changes that were
    > suggested/commented in the different emails.
    > However, I have some open issues and I would like help from
    > the group regarding them.
    > See my questions preceded by MHS>>>>>>

    > From Robert Elliott email:

    I think you may be confusing SCSI-2/3 with SAM-2/3.

    The architecture standards in order of age are:
    SCSI-2 (finished in 1993)
    SCSI-3 SAM (SCSI Architecture Model; finished in 1995)
    SCSI-3 SAM-2 (SCSI Architecture Model - 2; finished in 2002)
    SCSI-3 SAM-3 (SCSI Architecture Model - 3; in development)

    The SCSI MIB (and iSCSI) are SCSI-3 projects, developed in the SAM-2 and
    SAM-3 timeframe.

    --
    Rob Elliott, elliott@hp.com
    https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott