    Re: iSCSI Boot: Technical Issues

    Paul-

    Since DHCP strings are configured directly by the user of a
    DHCP server (which knows nothing about iSCSI or LUNs, and
    probably shouldn't), we do have to care about the human factors
    here.  Otherwise, anyone wanting to support iSCSI boot will
    either have to build their own DHCP server tools (or interfaces
    to Linux or Microsoft servers), or will have to convince
    Microsoft to add iSCSI string and LUN support to DHCP (and
    wait for this to happen), or let the user live with a difficult
    format.

    None of the above solutions are that appealing.  Making the
    LUN format easier to handle is by far the simplest solution.

    --
    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke