    RE: iSCSI Boot: Technical Issues

    > 1. Looks like there is no opposition to making this a standard draft.

    With my WG co-chair hat on, I believe this to be the rough consensus of
    the IP Storage WG.  Please limit the use of MUST/SHOULD/MAY and the
    like to Section 4 of the draft.

    > 2. After talking to an HCI person in IBM, I have the following proposal:
    >
    > We can change the LUN format to be xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    >
    > This notation is subtantially better than "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" in terms of
    > HCI errors and is almost equivalent to a 16-bit format representation.
    >
    > Since most of the numbers are going to be zeros, all we need to do is to
    > edit 1 set of "xxxx".

    With my WG co-chair hat off, I definitely like this proposal.

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018

Last updated: Mon Sep 23 13:19:02 2002
11883 messages in chronological order