    Re: iSCSI: 12-97 Bit Rule

    On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Luben Tuikov wrote:

    Luben, what in the world are you hoping to achieve by this dialog? I fail
    to see how the note you just sent (partially quoted below), complete with
    hostile sarcasm, will achieve any changing to the CRC text.

    Are you wanting to change the spec, or are you wanting to be sarcastic?

    Take care,

    Bill

    > Bill Studenmund wrote:
    > >
    > > However, the IETF uses this bit numbering scheme in ALL of its documents.
    > > It is consistent in its bit numbering. Thus if I read an IETF document, I
    > > prepare my mind for IETF bit numbering.
    >
    > Wow!
    >
    > > Note that the IETF is not the only group to use this bit numbering. As I
    > > understand it the Mainframe folks use this bit numbering. Also, the
    > > documentation I have on PowerPC chips all uses this bit numbering, so it's
    > > not something the IETF made up.
    >
    > Wow -- so you've just discovered that it is just a convention --
    > good for you.

    [snip]

Last updated: Thu Jun 13 20:18:53 2002
10791 messages in chronological order