    RE: iSCSI-12-95: header digest error clarification

    Catching up on email after vacation ...

    This thread seems to have reached the right conclusion - it
    might be worth adding a sentence instructing implementers not
    to scan the incoming data stream for headers as the result can
    be confused by (things that look like) headers in data if one
    is not careful.  It's important to avoid being confused in this
    fashion, but it's not easy.  An implementation that doesn't
    get this right has no alternative but to close the connection
    on a header digest error.

    I bring this up here because I've been through the same issue
    with the FCIP draft in great detail.  It is possible to tell
    real headers from false headers by scanning far enough and
    knowing what the maximum PDU size is - appendix D of the FCIP
    draft contains an example of such an algorithm.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Wed Jun 12 19:18:45 2002
10734 messages in chronological order