    Re: iSCSI: response reason

    Mallikarjun,

    The reference was clearly wrong (your note make it sound it was right). I will fix the wording to match SPC with iSCSI.

    Julo

    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    06/08/2002 12:26 AM
    Please respond to "Mallikarjun C."

            To:        <Eddy@Quicksall.com>, Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:        <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
            Subject:        Re: iSCSI: response reason

    Julian,

    I was about to send a message to you on this myself.

    I think it's better to leave the wording in 12-96 as is, and
    change the "Reason" to "Response reason" in the table in
    section 9.4.6.2.

    The problem with the changed wording in 12-97 is that
    it still does not mention the sense key, and states something
    that isn't accurate (for ex., there is no 'Sense of "protocol
    service CRC error" ', the SPC-3 name for it is "CRC error
    detected").  The more descriptive "reason" terminology is
    an iSCSI notion we had adopted quite a while ago.

    I reason I had used "Response reason" as in index into the
    said table is to avoid repeating the CHECKCONDITION/Key/
    ASC/ASCQ information everywhere - but I had overlooked that the
    table doesn't use "response reason".  I'd recommend fixing just
    that.

    Thanks.
    --
    Mallikarjun