    Re: iSCSI: response reason

    > Mallikarjun,
    >
    > The reference was clearly wrong (your note make it sound it was right)

    On the contrary, the point of my note was that it orginally was incorrect,
    and so also was 12-97 (your note at the bottom says it's "fixed" in 12-97).

    > will fix the wording to match SPC with iSCSI

    Thanks, it has to be consistent with SPC-3 - including the sense key
    information for all references to sense code information.

    Regards.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Network Storage Solutions
    Hewlett-Packard MS 5668
    Roseville CA 95747
    cbm@rose.hp.com

    > The reference was clearly wrong (your note make it sound it was right). I
    > will fix the wording to match SPC with iSCSI.
    >
    > Julo
    >

    > "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>
    > Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > 06/08/2002 12:26 AM
    > Please respond to "Mallikarjun C."
    >

    >         To:     <Eddy@Quicksall.com>, Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    >         cc:     <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    >         Subject:        Re: iSCSI: response reason
    >

    > Julian,
    >
    > I was about to send a message to you on this myself.
    >
    > I think it's better to leave the wording in 12-96 as is, and
    > change the "Reason" to "Response reason" in the table in
    > section 9.4.6.2.
    >
    > The problem with the changed wording in 12-97 is that
    > it still does not mention the sense key, and states something
    > that isn't accurate (for ex., there is no 'Sense of "protocol
    > service CRC error" ', the SPC-3 name for it is "CRC error
    > detected").  The more descriptive "reason" terminology is
    > an iSCSI notion we had adopted quite a while ago.
    >
    > I reason I had used "Response reason" as in index into the
    > said table is to avoid repeating the CHECKCONDITION/Key/
    > ASC/ASCQ information everywhere - but I had overlooked that the
    > table doesn't use "response reason".  I'd recommend fixing just
    > that.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Mallikarjun