    Re: iSCSI: Some proposed vendor-specific (X-) keys

    Hi Bob,

    No, that's not what I'm suggesting. I was not looking at affecting anything
    at the SCSI layer. This proposal is purely communicating information between
    the iSCSI (transport) layers. I wouldn't expect this information to
    necessarily be passed to the SCSI layer on either target or initiator.

    This information was intended to be used at the iSCSI layer to "tune" iSCSI
    behaviour, and to provide additional information to the management component
    of each implementation. The latter reason is more important as it can assist
    in maintaining an iSCSI SAN, and this is where I'd like to see this end up.

    Cheers,
    Ken

    --
    Ken Sandars