    RE: iSCSI: Some proposed vendor-specific (X-) keys

    I am not in favor of replicating a standard
    SCSI function that is not part of the link
    protocol outside the SCSI command set.  What this
    does is fragment the driver designs in a way that
    might prevent the usual SCSI driver interoperation with
    parallel SCSI, SBP, FC, and SRP SCSI devices.
    You would then need non-standard SCSI drivers for
    iSCSI devices.

    Bob

Last updated: Fri Jun 07 08:18:35 2002
10564 messages in chronological order