    RE: iSCSI: keys/parameter dependence

    Julian:

    I came across another dependency in draft 12-96 (but it has been
    in the drafts for some time):

    The end of section 11.20 says:

       "If ErrorRecoveryLevel is not 0 and if DataSequenceInOrder is set to
       Yes, a target may retry at most the last R2T, and an initiator may at
       most request retransmission for the last read data sequence.
       MaxOutstandingR2T MUST be set to 1 in this case."

    It is unclear to me from reading this just what the "in this case"
    refers to -- does it mean:

    1) if MaxOutstandingR2T is not 1 then the target may not retry and
       the initiator may not request retransmission.

    or

    2) the combination ErrorRecoveryLevel > 0 and DataSequenceInOrder=Yes
       requires MaxOutStandingR2T=1.

    If the first interpretation is correct, then this is not really a
    dependency between the keys, but a subtle restriction on behavior
    from a certain combination of keys.

    If the second interpretation is correct, then this is a dependency
    between keys.

    Whichever interpretation is correct, I would suggest that the statement
    in section 11.20 be reworded to make the interpretation unambiguous.

    Thanks,
    Bob Russell

Last updated: Thu Jun 06 12:18:49 2002
10540 messages in chronological order