    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:56 PM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: keys/parameter dependence

    As I pointed out earlier - you can batch all your keys but some certificates in 8k!
    It was never forbidden nor mandated.

    Julo

    pat_thaler@agilent.com

    06/05/2002 09:41 PM
    Please respond to pat_thaler

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, rdr@io.iol.unh.edu
            cc:        ips@ece.cmu.edu, mkrikis@yahoo.com, owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Julian,

    Batching is related to the C-bit. Before the C-bit, a device could prepare a batch of keys to originate
    but they had to fit within the PDU because, if the keys extended beyond a PDU, the device's partner
    might originate some of the keys it had prepared but hadn't yet sent.

    With the C-bit, a device can prepare a batch of keys with out regard to their size because the device
    can ensure that they can be sent in multiple PDUs if necessary without the partner having an
    opportunity to originate keys in between.

    The C-bit releaves the size constraint on batching offers.

    Regards,
    Pat