    Re: FC Mgmt mib

    Arvind,

    (Sorry for the delay in responding.)  It seems to me that you are
    requesting the following three changes:

    1. a new code point for FcUnitFunctions

    - I think this is fine, except how about calling it 'tunnel' ??

    2. Changing the fcmLinkTable from mandatory to optional

    - I think this is fine.

    3. A new table for 'tunnel' ports

    - I'd rather not add a new table unless it's absolutely necessary.
      How about I just broaden the scope of the fcmEPortTable so that
      it applies not only to E_Ports but also to 'tunnel' ports ??

    The MIB will also need a new group for devices supporting 'tunnel'
    functionality, which will contain just fcmEPortClassFCredit
    and fcmEPortClassFDataFieldSize, right ??

    If you agree to the above (and nobody else objects), then I'll go
    ahead and update the MIB.

    The only other pending changes are an alignment of the meanings of bits
    of the FcUnitFunctions TC with the latest update to the meanings in the
    GS-4 specification (note that FcUnitFunctions's SYNTAX is unchanged),
    and some other typos.

    In fact, if anyone else has any changes that they would like to propose
    before Last Call, can I request that they raise them now.

    Thanks,
    Keith.

Last updated: Sat Jun 01 08:18:44 2002
10450 messages in chronological order