    RE: iSCSI: Login Request error

    Pat, Luben,

    I think we're fighting an uphill battle here...

    I've been complaining about some of the same
    things, and, as Luben said, nobody cared. I get
    the feeling that there is a bigger wish to get the
    draft "out" despite the ambiguities and problems in
    both the negotiation protocol and its description,
    than to change a single thing "this late".
    I think there is also an assumption (that I don't
    hold) that having choices in the negotiation
    protocol allows more freedom to implementations
    and thus simplifies them.

    Luben was asking whether EBNF would be used
    if submitted. I personally doubt it, since
    perfectly reasonable regular expressions were
    dropped.

    And there is probably little point asking the
    phylosophical questions. I still don't see the
    value of Irrelevant, allowing Reject-ed keys
    to be renegotiated, allowing not Reject-ing
    "inadmissible" values, allowing omission of
    boolean values, base64 for anything but binary
    strings, and many other "features". But I'll
    probably receive email telling me to "move on"
    just for mentioning this stuff here again...
    Or the best explanation will be "we talked about
    it here, but nobody objected too strongly".

    Anyway, I'm behind you in your efforts and looks
    like I should resume some of my own battles
    (no-renegotiation rule unclear).

    Good luck,

      Martins Krikis, Intel Corp.

    Disclaimer: these opinions are my own and may
                not be those of my employer