    Re: iSCSI 4.1 & 4.2

    Your messages have a certain level of inconsistency.
    On one of them you state the last call is meant to get us rid of bugs (you
    must have a experienced a large set of last calls state this with such
    confidence) and here you ask for a change for something that is certainly
    not a bug.

    |         |           Paul Koning      |
    |         |           <ni1d@arrl.net>  |
    |         |           owner-ips@ece.cmu|
    |         |           .edu             |
    |         |           04/29/2002 09:08 |
    |         |           Paul Koning      |
      >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
      |                                                                                                               |
      |       To:       cbm@rose.hp.com                                                                               |
      |       cc:       ips@ece.cmu.edu                                                                               |
      |       Subject:  Re: iSCSI 4.1 & 4.2                                                                           |
      |                                                                                                               |

    Excerpt of message (sent 29 April 2002) by Mallikarjun C.:
    > > Specifically, the two cases in which responses are OPTIONAL are:
    >
    > I would strongly recommend getting rid of this special case.

    Yes, that would be good riddance for unnecessary confusion and special
    case extra work in implementations.  We've discussed this before;
    nothing changed then, even though, as far as I remember, not a single
    person spoke up in favor of the current special cases.

           paul