    RE: iSCSI 4.1 & 4.2

    thanks - I did already both - and will publish as soon as I have all the input from the names - Julo

    pat_thaler@agilent.com

    05/03/2002 02:44 AM
    Please respond to pat_thaler

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        RE: iSCSI 4.1 & 4.2

    Julian,

    Please change "All negotiations are stateless and explicit..." to "All
    negotiations are explicit..." as has been discussed.

    Also, since a key-value pair can span request or response boundaries,
    the null-separator should be used to terminate every value and not just a
    value that is followed by another key. Otherwise, one won't know if the last
    key-value in a PDU is complete or has a value that will continue in the next
    PDU and one won't be able to respond to the key until one gets the next key
    (or maybe a PDU with no parameters if we assume that sending PDU with an
    empty parameter field means that the last value is complete).

    Pat