    RE: iSCSI: ImmediateData negotiation

    Hello, I've included comments below:

    On Wed, 8 May 2002, Dennis Young wrote:

    > The following paragraphs in section 4.2 of draft 12
    > lead me to believe otherwise:
    >   The responding party answers with the first value that
    >   it supports and is allowed to use for the specfic originator
    >   selected from the originator list.

    I would agree with Kevin here, FirstBurstSize and ImmediateData are
    numerical and boolean keys respectively, and the above paragraph does not
    apply.

    >   An offer of a value not admissible MAY be answered with
    >   the constant "Reject".

    It looks like theres some confusion about the meaning of the phrase
    'not admissible'. I interpreted it to be refering to any value that is
    illegal for that type of negotiation. For example, if negotiating
    ImmediateData, a key value of ImmediateData=5 would be 'not admissible'.
    The phrase 'not admissible' would not apply if the offered value for
    the given key was something the device did not support or did not have
    the resources for.

    > My interpretation of the two paragraphs is that the responding
    > party can only respond with value offered in the originator list,
    > and since "Yes" is not admissible, responding with "Reject"
    > seems correct.

    thank you,

    David Woolf
    University of New Hampshire Interoperability Lab
    iSCSI and Fibre Channel Consortiums
    Durham, NH 03824
    (603) 862 0701

Last updated: Wed May 08 23:18:32 2002