    RE: iSCSI - re-phrase of 4.1

    Comments in text

    > Also why do we need to _restrict_ as to the sign of
    > a hex constant. I'm sure that sooner or later it will
    > have its applications. If a value cannot be negative
    > and a node sent it as negative then the peer will
    > reply with Reject or appropriately.
    Granted, I am a young engineer, but I have never seen a signed hex constant.
    I've always seen decimal when signed.  In my (vast :-> ) experience, hex is
    always used to represent straight bits.  Period.  You have enough zeros for
    place holders for the bits and that is all you ever have.  If it happens to
    translate into a numeric value, that is ducky, but not necessary.

    > Thus,
    > hex const: 0[xX][1-9A-Fa-f]+[0-9A-Fa-f]*
    In any case, with this regex, 0x0 is no longer valid.  If you persist in not
    wanting leading zeros, try:
    hex const: 0[xX](([1-9A-Fa-f][0-9A-Fa-f]*)|0)
    I do not know if these are needed, but they should not hurt

    I also removed the + because the * after the second term takes care of it.

    Sincerely,
    Randy
    Data Transit

Last updated: Fri May 03 13:18:30 2002