    Re: iSCSI: State Transitions..

    Naveen,

    I see that you are suggesting a different "lay-out"
    for the current state diagram.

    The lay-out logic for the current state diagram is
    different.  All the "regular" transitions (that
    take place in the absence of exceptions) are laid
    out in a single flow (two segments, one vertical
    to LOGGED_IN, one horizontal to log out).  Please
    note that S7 is not a regular state - ditto for S8.

    In any case, there's a subjective element here.  I
    need more voices wanting an exception state in the
    middle of the "regular" flow, to convince me to invest
    my time in doing ASCII redrawings in a FrameMaker doc...

    Thanks.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Network Storage Solutions Organization
    MS 5668	Hewlett-Packard, Roseville.
    cbm@rose.hp.com

    Naveen Nimmu wrote:

    > This may have been discussed before , I will ask this anyway.
    > The states S6 and S7 seem to be flipped if we consider all the states in the
    > time scale
    > For example I could put the state diagram in page 68 (v.10) in a timeline
    > kind of state diagram (text diagram attached),
    > Where S7 appears naturally before S6.
    >
    > It seems to me by Exchanging S6 and S7 definitions we might have more clear
    > (almost unidirectional) state diagrams..
    > All comments welcome..
    > Naveen Nimmu

    >               Name: diagram
    >    diagram    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
    >           Encoding: quoted-printable

Last updated: Wed Jan 30 15:17:59 2002
8569 messages in chronological order