    iSCSI: clearing effects

    All:

    At the URL below, please find a table describing the
    "clearing effects" of various events on an iSCSI
    target's protocol variables and/or states.  I was
    prompted by some online and offline requests suggesting
    a table like this, this is generally similar to
    FCP-2's table with the same name.  I propose to
    incorporate this into the iSCSI main draft - ERT
    had already reviewed this.

    The only downside I can see is that it introduces some
    (minor) redundancy, but I believe that the interoperability
    benefits (that this brings about) would greatly outweigh
    this disadvantage.

    The URL is:

       http://storage-arch.hp.com/clearing_effects.pdf

    - There are several footnotes in the table that detail
      the reasoning.  I would like to draw your attention to
      one specific note (19).  This points out that the SCSI
      persistent reservations are released (if the SCSI APTPL
      bit was not used in securing the reservations) on a
      target cold reset - IOW, cold reset is identical to
      a powercycle in all protocol aspects.

    - Sorry for the acronyms for the column names (than rotating
      the full name to be vertical in the cell), that was done
      keeping in mind the eventual need to translate this
      into ASCII.  All the acronyms have footnotes describing
      them.

    Comments are welcome.
    --
    Mallikarjun