    RE: iSCSI: not offering a key

    I believe this sentence was added to the spec because at the
    last UNH plugfest, several people were interpreting "no explicit
    offer" of a key as an "implicit" offer of the default for the key,
    and were therefore expecting a reply.  This sentence is intended
    to prevent that interpretation -- if you don't make an explict offer
    you cannot expect a reply -- there are no such things as implicit offers.

    Bob Russell

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Eddy Quicksall wrote:

    > Maybe I don't understand the sentence. I interpret it to mean that if the
    > default value is acceptable to me then not offering it is somehow different
    > than the default ... and that confuses me (well, actually it makes me wonder
    > if the sentence is trying to say something else).
    >
    > I think I get it ... the default for MaxConnections is 1. If I offer
    > MaxConnections=1 (the default) then the target can't negotiate for more
    > connections even though I could have supported more connections. Is that
    > what you are trying to say?
    >
    > It is probably just me but is there a clearer way to convey what you are
    > trying to say?
    >

    > Eddy

Last updated: Sat Jan 26 04:17:57 2002
8498 messages in chronological order