    RE: iSCSI: not offering a key

    > Maybe I don’t understand the sentence. I interpret it to mean that if the
    > default value is acceptable to me then not offering it is somehow different
    > than the default … and that confuses me (well, actually it makes me wonder
    > if the sentence is trying to say something else).

    Here are two examples of how it's different:

    (1) If for some reason the other party doesn't have the
        same default (bugs happen), negotiation should drive
        both parties to an agreed value, but in the absence of
        negotiation, the other party might do something different.
        Moral: if a key value is important, it MUST be negotiated.
        This is a little weaker than Luben's statement that
        all keys always have to be negotiated.  That strength
        was never intended.

    (2) If the other party wants to negotiate the value and
        both offer the same default value, not offering the default
        results in an additional step before the negotiation can
        conclude, viz:

        -> Nothing        -> Key=Default
        <- Key=Default    <- Key=Default
        -> Key=Default