    Initiator port groups????

    I would like to suggest a change in the initiator name. I would like to be able to add an optional port group tag number at the end.

    Example:

    OLD: iqn.2001-03.com.service-provider.users.customer235.host90

    NEW: iqn.2001-03.com.service-provider.users.customer235.host90,10

    OLD: eui.02004567A425678D

    NEW: eui.02004567A425678D,11

    The problem that I am trying to solve is how to build a San Management Platform to do the initiator to target mapping and once a mapping has occurred, how to make sure the right connection is being made.

    For example: I have an initiator with 3 HBAs, and a target with 3 hbas. The discovery information provided to the Management platform could see that I have ONE initiator and a target with say 3 Port Groups.

          With this I can map the initiator to the target, or the initiator to 1 or more port groups.  I would like to the same idea to the initiator name to include a field like that so that I could easily expand the choices to maybe map a target port group to an initiator HBA.

                   1 --            -- 1

     Initiator(I)  2 --  Network   -- 2  Target(T)

                   3 --            -- 3

     I.e. Before I could do the following:

     I -> T

     I -> T1

     I -> T2

     I -> T1, T2

     ETC...

     If I added the info to the initiator name I could also do the following mappings:

     I1 -> T1, I2 -> T2

     I1 -> T, I2 -> T

     Etc..

     - Stephen