    Question On R2T Behaviour?

    Hi all,

    On page 75 of iSCSi 0.8 revision

    	" The data length of the DATA PDU MUST *not exceed* the desired
    	data transer length specified in the R2T. If the R2T is answered
    	with a sequence of data PDUs the buffer offset and Length
    	must be within the range of those specfied by R2T, the last PDU
    	SHOULD have the F bit set to 1. The data-out PDU ordering is goverened
    	by  DataPDUInOrder."

    My question is if the data length of the DATA PDU is less than
    the desired data transfer length and the F bit is set, what should be the
    behaviour of the target. For the sake of this discussion let us
    assume DataPDUInOrder to be set to Yes.

    	1. It looks intutive that target may send another R2T with different
    	   sequence number and collect the data initially that the host
    	   was not able to send for the previous R2T request.

    	Or

    	2. It is an error that need to be detected by target that the host was not
    	   able to fully satisfy the R2T request sent by the target in the first
    place.

    Please let me know what is the right behaviour and should this be documented
    in the
    specification if it is not already documented. If it is documented may be i
    missed
    reading this, please point to me where it is defined.

    Thanks
    sureshtk

Last updated: Fri Nov 16 19:17:36 2001
7840 messages in chronological order