    RE: iSCSI: ISIDs

    I see. I was worrying about how the target could distinguish HBA 1
    from HBA 2, but now I see it doesn't have to.

    In the current scheme the target has to deal with cleaning old
    sessions if an ISID is reused with TSID=0. If the target always issues
    a new SSID when it gets a leading login it doesn't have to distinguish
    between the HBAs. The only difference is that old sessions may get
    left lying around for longer while they wait for something to time
    out.

    - Rod

Last updated: Fri Sep 07 11:17:10 2001
6415 messages in chronological order