    Re: iSCSI: Text Commands

    Josh,

    Thanks. I will add a statement to this effect.

    Julo

    Joshua Tseng <jtseng@NishanSystems.com> on 31/01/2001 20:41:11

    Please respond to Joshua Tseng <jtseng@NishanSystems.com>

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:
    Subject:  iSCSI:  Text Commands

    Julo,

    I think a statement needs to be added that the iSCSI initiator MUST support
    all of the text commands listed in Appendix C.  Currently, it is unclear
    whether
    a target can respond with key:value pairs that were not solicited in the
    original
    text command.  The spec should explicitly say the target can do so, and
    require the initiator to recognize all text keys.  For example, if the
    target wants
    to specify a FirstBurst of less than 65535 (BTW, why is the the default
    value
    for FirstBurst so high???), it should be able to specify its own value for
    FirstBurst,
    even if the "FirstBurst:" text key was not listed in the original text
    command.

    Josh