    Re: iSCSI : Digest Error recovery causes data corruption

    Pierre,

    Please don't put salt on my wounds...  (and explicitly for the reasons you
    mentioned) I suggested that back in San Diego.  There where 2 reason for
    abandoning it:

    1- it can be practically done without TCP modification if CRCs are put in
    the IPsec Authentication Header but the IPsec people won't have anything
    weaker that any of the cryptographic digests and without IPsec we are out
    of options (no change to TCP!)

    2-more important Storage Proxies would like to have their separate data
    digest (or equivalent)

    Pierre Labat <pierre_labat@hp.com> on 31/01/2001 20:19:17

    Please respond to Pierre Labat <pierre_labat@hp.com>