    EMC IPR notice

    This is the notice regarding the EMC '024 patent that
    I announced in the IPS WG meeting on Monday.  This announcement
    is made in my role as an EMC employee, not a WG co-chair;
    the WG is under no obligation to use technology that may
    be covered by this patent:

    	This is to advise the IETF that EMC Corporation has U.S. Patent
    Number 5,996,024 (the "024 patent") that may relate to the protocols
    described in the Internet Draft document(s) "draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-02.txt"
    (iSCSI) and/or "draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-01.txt" (FCIP).

    	To the extent that the protocols discussed in these Internet Drafts
    become IETF standard(s) and the '024 patent is necessary for implementation
    of the IETF standard(s), EMC will provide, upon written request, to
    implementers of the IETF standard(s), a non-exclusive license under
    reasonable and non-discriminatory terms, provided a similarly situated
    reciprocal license is granted to EMC and other parties by the license
    applicant for any protocol technologies necessary for implementation of the
    IETF standard(s).

    	Any questions or issues regarding this communication should be
    directed to:

    	Office of the General Counsel
    	EMC Corporation
    	171 South Street
    	Hopkinton, MA  01748
    	Attention:  Leanne J. Fitzgerald

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500