    Re: SCSI URL scheme [WAS: Re: iSCSI: 2.2.6. Naming & mapping]

    Julo,

    Yet another method for determining the mapping of LUs to LUNs for given
    initiator?

    You already have vendor-specific ways (in FC that will surely get ported to
    iSCSI), the T10 standardized way with AccessID enrollment or with a
    TransportID (for iSCSI, which is still TBD), and the login authentication
    process (however that ends up getting defined).

    Also, your comment implies that the URL is sent to the target in a mode
    similar to an http-type protocol.  Where is this protocol defined in the
    draft?  Is it part of the Text message in the login authentication?

    Jim Hafner

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com@ece.cmu.edu on 09-29-2000 06:14:44 AM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu