    RE: iSCSI Autosense

    Somesh,

    I have on objection on making Autosense mandatory and removing the bit from
    iSCSI.

    My issue (if it is an issue) is SCSI related.

    How are asynchronous events that are not error related handled without
    Contingent Allegiance - and what effect will it have on iSCSI.

    The case that was raised a while ago (by Costa I think) was that of a
    volume change
    - with the message reporting it "crossing" a write on the wire or in the
    OS.

    With CA the state synchronization can be easily enforced (command are
    rejected until
    a sense is received).

    Without it - even with autosense - state synchronization in the OS becomes
    tricky.

    Perhaps somebody on the list active also in T10 can give us a hint of how
    this type of sequence will be handled without CA.

    I understand that CA can be kept even with autosense and we can remove the
    bit
    but what if T10 decides to keep both?

    somesh_gupta@hp.com on 29/08/2000 20:17:02

    Please respond to somesh_gupta@hp.com