    RE: iSCSI Autosense

    > I think you are confusing ACA (Auto Contingent Allegiance) with CA
    > (Contingent Allegiance).  My concern was implementing ACA on a device that
    > only implemented CA and then forced to implement Autosense.

    It does look that way, oops :-).  Pulling foot out of mouth and trying again

    The proposal is to require Autosense to match FCP, which would then
    require ACA.  If the SCSI device on the far side of the remote adapter
    only implements CA, then there's additional work to implement ACA in
    the remote adapter.   As noted earlier, the requirements draft already
    anticipates that conversion like this will be needed for SCSI-2 devices,
    and I read Ralph's mail as encouragement from T10 to mandate
    Autosense.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140, FAX: +1 (508) 497-6909
    black_david@emc.com  Cellular: +1 (978) 394-7754