    Who is doing what

    I am trying to figure out who the players are in the storage over IP arena.
    >From following the discussions here, and reading the trade rags, I have come
    up with the following. Please let me know where I am wrong:

    The IP Storage Working Group (IBM, Cisco, HP, Adaptec, Quantum, EMC, and
    others)
    	Mapping of SCSI to TCP. All agree that TCP is appropriate for WAN. A
    majority advocate TCP for both LAN and WAN, a minority advocate a
    lighter-weight transport protocol for LAN only.

    Adaptec: EtherStorage
    	Mapping of SCSI to light-weight transport protocol specifically
    designed for LAN only. Uses SEP (SCSI Encapsulation Protocol).

    Nishan: SoIP (Storage Over IP)
    	Can't find much detail here.

    Gadzoox and Lucent:
    	Fibre Channel over IP. Proposal is to use IP to bridge between FC
    SANs for MANs (and WANs?).

    SAN, Ltd: SSCOP (Service Specific Connection Oriented Protocol)
    	Route storage data over IP (UDP?) using the data link protocol from
    ATM that allows selective re-transmission.