    Re: transport protocols

    Rod,

    Thanks for your note. Obviously we went through this exercise too and
    decided for TCP.
    I still have the lingering feeling that we did not get through thoroughly
    enough with the T/TCP option.
    As it is specified today it is sort of clumsy and not very easy to
    implement or to assist in hardware.
    However there might be other venues for reaching the same goal - some
    related to the RDMA option suggested by Costa and others somewhat different
    and more far-reaching with a similar effect.
    Will you participate in a working group. will your former colleagues from
    Quantum?

    Rod Van Meter <rdv@Network-Alchemy.COM> on 18/03/2000 03:56:06

    Please respond to rdv@Network-Alchemy.COM