    iscsi: sequence timeout

    Hello,

    First of all, I have a little editing comment: for coherency,
    "Sequence timeout" should be renamed "Sequence reception timeout". (2
    occurrences)

    I have a question about what to do when the Sequence reception timeout
    occurs. According to the document, in 5.14.1.b), a sequence timeout is
    considered as an implicit sequence errors documented in 5.8 which is
    considered as an implicit digest errors documented in 5.7. Target can
    either send a recovery R2T or complete the command with sense data,
    indicating a "protocol service CRC error". But it is also mentioned in
    5.7 that the target should wait for all the data, signaled with a Data
    PDU with an F bit) before finishing that command...

    To solve this chicken&egg thing, could it be mentioned the target can
    terminate the command when the Sequence reception timeout pops up? But
    then it has to handle the case the final DataOut PDU arrives after the
    "Sequence reception timeout" interval. Should the target take more
    drastic action to prevent this situation?

    Gwendal.

Last updated: Tue Aug 27 19:18:54 2002
11697 messages in chronological order